Your Ad Here

Saturday 13 November 2010

Donor car mechanicals

Ok so i had a few minor repairs to do to the car

Manifold Gasket and stud replacement:

Removed the stud (used a special stud removing tool, worked a treat), and got the gasket off (after a lot of WD40 and a torque wrench).

Here you can see the missing stud after removal. I should have a new stud from toyota tomorrow to fit and a new manifold gasket.



I am making sure that all mechanicals are in order before I start anything. Also the car was a Cat C (repaired) although I need to get it Vic checked (I know a risk, but i was willing to take it, car seemed very good and I managed to get him to £450

Anyway I should be replacing a broken stud on the block (engine to maniford) and a leaky manifold gasket (these should be arriving from toyota tomorrow). Also the drivers side window mech was broken, so that will be replaced hopefully tomorrow too.

Then its mot, the car should pass I can't really see any problems, but we will see.

I also (two days ago) drained the cooling system and renewed it with new (red) coolant. The car sounds and runs beautiful (except of cause the slight leak in the manifold.

Well this is what ihave been upto the last few eves.

Replaced the leaky manifold gasket and broken stud. Also replaced the broken window mechanism.

No comments: